Pages

Friday, July 16, 2010

Week 12

Yesterday, we had our 12 week appointment with Dr. Miller. I have now lost a total of 10 pounds, due to my constant nausea!! Dr. Miller said that he wasn't concerned with the weight loss because the baby was like a parasite, and would take what it needed. I told him that I was sure I would gain back that 10 pounds soon enough! I have been taking Zofran and wearing SeaBands for the nausea, but neither one offers much relief. Dr. Miller increased my dosage of Zofran, so I hope that it helps! Dr. Miller asked me if I was willing to try something similar to the SeaBands for help with the nausea. There is some sort of shocking bracelet thing that you can wear that sends an electric shock to the nerve on your wrist (the same nerve that the SeaBand presses down on) that helps relieve the nausea. He is going to check on getting me one of those. Who knows, maybe it will do the trick!
We were able to "hear" the baby's heartbeat yesterday! We have seen the baby's heartbeat during my last 2 ultrasounds, but you can't actually hear the heartbeat until sometime around 12 weeks. Dr. Miller used a Doppler instrument and found the baby's heartbeat. It sounded like a washing machine! I was so excited to finally hear the baby's heartbeat! The baby's heartbeat was around 160 beats per minute. The baby was being very active and kept moving around and away from the Doppler. I am glad the baby is being active, unlike his/her mother who barely has enough energy to get through the day!
According to thebump.com, Baby Mussetter is about the size of a plum! I can't believe the baby has gone from being the size of a poppyseed to the size of a plum - and eventually the size of a watermelon!!! WOW!

Along with a growing baby, comes a growing belly for me! Here are this week's baby bump pictures:




Love ya!


No comments:

Post a Comment