Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Brayden is Three Months Old

Dear Brayden,
It is hard to believe that you are already three months old!!! When people say that time flies, they aren't kidding!!
You are SO loved by everyone!  Your Aunt Shandi keeps saying she is going to kidnap you and keep you for her own.  But don't worry, I won't let that happen!
You also love to lay on the couch and hang out with Daddy.
You are starting to hold your head up for longer periods of time. You love looking around and observing what is going on around you. 
You found your fingers and have started sucking on them. Sometimes you make yourself gag because you cram your fingers so far in your mouth.
You still love to swing. 
You really enjoy taking baths.  But you don't like the thin hooded bath towels, I guess they aren't warm enough for you.  So, we use regular towels now and you are much happier.
You also enjoy being outside.  Now that the weather is warmer, you are getting to go outside a lot more.
And you are starting to smile more and more.  You are especially “smiley” in the mornings. 
You also smile a lot when you are sleeping.  It makes me wonder what you are dreaming about.
You have mixed emotions about being in your car seat.  You usually cry when we put you in there and then you are happy once we start driving.  Sometimes if we are stopped for any length of time, you get upset.  But most of the time you usually fall asleep in the car.
It is still hard to tell who you look like. I think you look just like your Daddy, especially your little nose and your pretty blue eyes. But some people say that you look like me. I think that you have my lips and my chin, but everything else is just like your Daddy!! Your looks seem to change every day, but so far your eyes are still blue. Everyone compliments you on your pretty blue eyes. I think you will have blue eyes like your Daddy and your PawPaw (my Daddy).
Most of the time, you are still sleeping in your bassinet in our room.  We are working on getting you to sleep every night in your crib.  I think it is a lot harder on me than it is you!
I let you take naps in your crib during the day, but since you aren't completely sleeping through the night, it is just much easier to have you in our room with us.  You like taking naps in your crib and staring up at the cute mobile.
And, I know it is a HORRIBLE habit, but when you wake up at 3am I just put you in bed with us. I have a bad feeling that I will grow to regret that decision!!
You went through a little phase (about a week) of crying uncontrollably every night at about 7pm. It was pitiful, because I did not know what was wrong with you. I started giving you more milk during the day, and within a few days of that, you stopped having your crying fits. Whenever you would start crying, me and your Daddy would look at each other and say, "Guess what time it is???!!!" And of course, it would be 7 o'clock. I hope that you don’t go through another phase like that any time soon!

We are still following the Baby Wise schedule with you. It worked really well up until I went back to work. You were sleeping for 7 hours each night but then when I went back to work you started waking up at about 3am. I guess you just miss seeing me and your Daddy so you think that a 3am wake-up call is just what we need. HaHa!

I had to go back to work this month. It was SO hard for me to be away from you all day. Luckily, your Nana will be taking care of you while I work. We were going to let you go to a daycare at a church, but Nana said she would love to watch you. At least when you are over at Nana's house, I know that you are being well taken care of and loved. Plus, you get to spend a lot of time with your Aunt Madison and Aunt Mykenzie. Madison tells me that you are her "little brother." If anything, you are majorly spoiled while you are at Nana's.
Your PawPaw Alan tells me how your Nana likes to hold you all of the time! But, I think your PawPaw Alan spoils you too!! He likes to hold you and let you watch TV with him. You also love to hear your PawPaw's deep voice. He tells you that it is a voice of a real man and you just smile back at him.
Before I went back to work, we went and saw your Cousin Syera perform in a little violin "concert" at her school. You were such a sweet baby during their performance. You sat quietly and listened while the students played their violins. The music teacher came up to me afterwards and told me what a good baby you were. Syera just loved that you came to her performance.
On March 19th, you had your pictures taken with my step-cousin Shannon's little girl, Sophie. Sophie is just two weeks older than you, so it will be neat to watch you two grow up together. Kim Overcash did a fabulous job taking your pictures. Thankfully the weather was warm since we were outside at an old house and a barn. You got to wear your first pair of shorts for the pictures. But let me just say that it was quite challenging finding a pair of shorts that would fit you!! You were very cooperative during the pictures and you stayed awake almost the whole time!
You had a doctor's appointment on March 22nd with Dr. Amy. You got 2 shots and 1 vaccine that you had to drink. You cried and were pretty fussy the rest of the day. Dr. Amy said that you looked great. She said that we will continue to watch your head shape, but she thinks it looks a lot better than it did last month. If it hasn't "rounded out" by 6 months, we might have to talk about putting you in a helmet. But, she thinks that by propping you up on your side and making you lay on the opposite side of your head it will correct itself. You weighed 11 lbs. 9 oz. (50%) and are 24 in. long (75-90%). Your head circumference is 16 in. (75%). You are REALLY growing!!

You also went to your first car show/cruise in this month. You love riding in the stroller. It was very windy, so we had to keep you covered up in the stroller. It won't be long until you are running around at the car show and we have to fuss at you for touching the cars.
On April 17th, you went on your first boat ride. Your Nana fussed at me and your Daddy for taking you out on the lake because she said you were too little. But I really just think that she wanted to watch you while we went out. At first you didn’t like wearing your life jacket, but you got used to it. You ended up loving the life jacket because it really helped hold your head up and you were able to stare at all of the water and the boats. It won’t be much longer and you will actually get to wear swimming trunks and get in the water! 
Riding on the boat must have been tiring for you because you did NOT want to wake up and drink your bottle when we got home!!
You also experienced your first "sickness" this month. I was back to work for a week and I got a cold, and of course I had to share it with you too! Luckily, I was a lot sicker than you were. You had a lot of congestion and a runny nose, but you recovered quickly. I was very thankful that you handled your first cold so well!

You won’t go back to the doctor until May, so we had to get your height and weight at home. You weigh 13 lbs. 9 oz. and are 24 in. long.

I can't believe how much you are growing and changing each and every day. I am constantly amazed at what a special boy you are. You have made me happier than I ever imagined!

Love Always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment