Pages

Monday, January 10, 2011

I Love Craigslist

On Friday, Jason and I went to Target to get the cradle swing for Brayden that I wanted because it was being discontinued and there was only 1 left.  I am thankful that I brought Jason with me because he made me realize that the cradle swing was just TOO big for our house.  I really wanted the cradle swing to match the bouncy seat that I have, but there was just no way that the cradle swing was going to fit in our house.  We looked at a Graco swing that Target had, but I didn't really like the pattern.  So I figured I would look online and try to find something else. 

Here is the swing that I wanted:
First of all, I didn't realize how stressful it would be to pick out baby gear!  There are literally hundreds of choices and everyone has their opinion on what is best!  I didn't really want to spend a lot of money on a swing because Brayden isn't even here yet and I have no idea if he will even like the swing.  My luck, I would spend $100+ and he would hate the swing and scream the entire time!  So, I was really torn on whether or not I even needed a swing.  So, I decided to look on Craigslist to see what was available.  And let me just say...
We have gotten a lot of things for Brayden off of Craigslist - including the crib, changing table, glider and ottoman, and high chair.  I really have no problem getting used things, we have saved a ton of money by getting things off of Craigslist and from consignment sales.

I ended up finding a Graco swing on Craigslist for $55.00!  It was in wonderful condition!  You really couldn't even tell that it had been used.  I am not 100% in love with the pattern (called Deco) but I am sure I will survive!  The swing isn't a cradle swing - meaning it only swings head to toe, instead of side to side - but it is A LOT smaller than the cradle swing we looked at, and hopefully Brayden won't care!  Plus, I saved a lot of money and I won't feel as guilty if he hates the swing! 

Here is the "new to us" swing from Craigslist:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment