Pages

Thursday, January 6, 2011

Week 37

Baby Mussetter is now the size of a watermelon!  He is FINALLY considered full-term, so he is ready to come out at any time!!! He is gaining about 1/2 ounce a day and getting his first sticky poop (called meconium) ready.  He's also brushing up on skills for the outside world: blinking, sucking, inhaling, exhaling, and gripping (according to thebump.com).
I had an appointment on Monday with Dr. Miller.  Brayden's heartrate was in the 140's and I was still about 80% effaced.  Dr. Miller said that my kidney pain would not go away until Brayden comes out, and there isn't much that I can do for the pain, other than take the pain medicine.  I really try to only take the pain medicine at night so that I can sleep.  I spend most of the day laying in the bathtub or laying on the heating pad to try and help ease the pain.  It is NO fun!  I guess I will always have to tell Brayden that he was a huge pain in my kidney!  HaHa!  I still hadn't dilated, so Dr. Miller helped me out a little and got me to 1 cm.  I know I will miss feeling Brayden's kicks and squirms inside of me, but I am SO ready to hold him and give him tons of kisses!!!  I know he will come out when he is ready and I CANNOT wait!!!

Here are this week's baby bump pictures:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment