Pages

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Brayden is Four Months Old

Dear Brayden,
I can't believe you are already four months old!  You have grown and changed so much!  You are looking more like a "little man" everyday.
You went on your first road trip to Ohio for Easter.  I had to work, so your Daddy took you and Damien with him.  Luckily your big brother Damien was there to help your Daddy throughout the trip!!  Your Daddy forgot to take a camera, but your Aunt Tracy is supposed to be sending me the pictures that she took while you were up there.  Your Grandma and Grandpa (Daddy's Mom and Dad) were so excited to finally meet you!!  You also got to meet your Aunt Tracy and your cousin Cody, and your Uncle Nick and Aunt Jessica and your cousins Aydin and Kennedy.  You had a good time visiting with everyone, but I was ready for you to come back home!!

The Easter Bunny brought you a nice basket with a stuffed animal, two onesies, and a sun hat.  I bet next year the Easter Bunny will bring you lots of candy!!
Before you went to visit everyone in Ohio, I had your pictures taken with some cute baby chicks.  Since I had to work, your Nana got to take you to the photo shoot with Kim Overcash.  Kim got a lot of cute pictures of you and Sophie.  From the look on your face, you were less than thrilled to have little baby chicks walking all over you.  I just love all of the expressions that you are making.  I can only imagine what you were thinking about!!!
 
You are finally sleeping in your crib every night.  I really miss having you right beside of our bed, but I don't think you need to be sleeping in our room forever!  Sometimes you will wake up around 4:00am, but usually I can go in and give you your pacifier and turn on your mobile and you will go back to sleep.  And I will admit that sometimes when you wake up and you won't fall right back to sleep, I will just let you sleep in the bed with us.

Your brother, Damien, had his first harescramble race on May 1st.  You liked watching all of the dirt bikes drive by.  Damien missed a check point during the race, but he still finished in 9th place (out of 10).  We were very proud of him for doing so well in his first race.  I am sure that you will be following along in your big brother's footsteps and racing dirt bikes when you get old enough.  Hopefully my nerves can handle two boys racing dirt bikes!!!
You just love spending time with your Nana while I go to work.  Nana loves to spoil you!  She made you a crinkle blanket that you just love to grab and play with.  I think you are fascinated by the "crinkle" noise that the blanket makes when you grab it.
Nana also bought you your first car.  Of course it isn't a real car, but it is a cute car that you can sit in and play in, and eventually you can use it as a walker. 
You love spending time with your PawPaw.  We go out to dinner (Taco Tuesday) with PawPaw almost every week.  You like for PawPaw, and anyone else for that matter, to hold you.  PawPaw also likes talking to you in silly voices (British accent, Donald Duck, etc.).  If he keeps it up, you won't know what his real voice sounds like!  Some people think that you look like PawPaw.  I think your blue eyes make people think that.
You are doing a great job with holding your head up.  You like being held so that you can look around and you like sitting in your Bumbo chair so that you can see what is going on around you.

You have also taken an interest in your toes.  You love to grab your feet and bring them up towards your face.
 While you were in my belly you sucked on your toes, so I guess you got a lot of practice!!
You also like to chew on your fingers and hands.  You will also chew on blankets or toys that are near you.  I am pretty sure you will be cutting teeth soon!
On May 4th, you rolled over for the first time.  I am sure you will start practicing your new skill more and more!!  You have also learned how to grab with your fingers.  You will grab blankets, hair, and skin.  To be such a little guy, it sure does hurt when you pinch me and your Daddy!

You are a curious little guy. You like looking around and watching what is going on around you.  You are still in the process of discovering your voice and making noises.  I love talking or singing to you and watching you smile at me.  It is the sweetest thing!!

I got to celebrate my first Mother's Day with you.  I am so thankful to be your Momma!
Daddy went to Ohio to be with his Mom, so it was just me and you on Mother's Day.  We ended up going with Nana, PawPaw Alan, Madison, and Mykenzie to visit Grandma Rose and Grandpa Raymond in the mountains.  You got to meet your Great Aunt Libby and your second cousins while we were there.
Unfortunately, you experienced your first ear infection this month.  You started acting sick on Mother's Day weekend.  You sounded very congested and you were coughing and running a low grade fever.  I called the doctor's office on Monday morning and they wanted me to bring you in.  Boy did you scream when Dr. Ray checked your ears!!!!  Dr. Ray said that you had a cold and an ear infection, so she put you on an antibiotic.  Even though you were not feeling well, you still tried to be happy and smile.  You really are such a sweet and easy going little boy, even when you are sick.
You had your well check on May 23rd with Dr. Amy.  Your Daddy took you to your appointment because I had to work.  You got 2 shots while you were there.  Dr. Amy said that we need to let you spend more time on your tummy.  But, let me just tell you that you HATE tummy time, so this is going to be quite the challenge!  Spending time on your tummy will also help your head "round out" so that you won't have to wear a helmet.  Dr. Amy also said that we could start feeding you baby food!!  You are also starting to cut your lower teeth, which explains why you have been chewing on everything you can get near your mouth.  You weighed 15 lbs. 1 1/2 oz. (50%) and are 26 1/8 in. long (90%).  Your head circumference is 17 1/8 in. (75-90%).  You get bigger and bigger every day!!!

I can't wait to see what next month brings!!

Love Always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment