Pages

Monday, June 20, 2011

Brayden is Five Months Old

Dear Brayden,
I know I say this all of the time, but I just cannot believe how fast time is passing or that you are already five months old! 
Over the Memorial Day weekend, I took you to visit my best friend Ashley, who lives in Franklin, NC.  You were pretty good for most of the 3 hour car ride.  However, you screamed the last 30 minutes of our trip.  I guess you were tired of sitting in your car seat - I don't blame you!
Ashley and her husband Brad were so happy to see you!
You really loved their dog, Connery.  You would reach out to pet Connery whenever he came near you.
You liked riding around on the Hoveround.
We even strapped your Bumbo seat onto the Hoveround so I could feed you outside while everyone played cornhole.
While we were in Franklin, you got to meet your little buddy Oliver.  Oliver was born on April 8th, but even though he is younger than you, you both look about the same size.
We took advantage of the cool weather in the mountains and took a nap on the hammock. 
Ashley also went and bought a kiddie pool for Connery.  But before he got in it, we let you try it out.  You weren't too sure about the cool water.  You didn't mind your feet being in the pool, but if I tried sitting you down, you SCREAMED!!! 
We had a fun time visiting Ashley and Brad and all of our other friends in Franklin. 

Nana also had a cook out for Memorial Day.  We stayed in the shade since it was so hot outside, while everyone else played cornhole and ran around.
We also walked a lap at The American Cancer Society's Relay for Life with your Aunt Madison, who is a cancer survivor.
Over the Father's Day weekend, you went to Ohio to visit everyone in Daddy's family.  I stayed home so I could spend Father's Day with my dad.  Your Daddy doesn't do a good job of taking pictures, but at least he tries!!  Everyone in Ohio was so happy to see you, and they can't wait for us to come back up and visit!
Your big brother Damien is still racing his dirtbike.  We go to a race almost every Sunday.  You love sitting and watching the dirtbikes race by.  It won't be long until you are out there racing too!
You really seem to enjoy "daycare" at Nana's house. 
Your Nana continues to spoil you - I doubt that will ever stop!  She lets you eat hot fudge sundaes from McDonald's.
Sometimes Shannon brings Sophie over to Nana's and you two have a "play date."  Even though you can't really "play" yet, you still have fun staring at each other. 
Your Aunt Mykenzie and Aunt Madison love playing with you too.  Mykenzie likes reading books to you.
Sometimes your Aunts get silly and want to play dress-up with you.  They found some hair that goes to a Build-A-Bear and thought you would look cute wearing it.  Your Daddy wasn't too happy about that!
You have also been really fussy lately.  I am sure it is just your teeth that are bothering you, but it still breaks my heart to see you not feeling well.  You like to chew on cold teething rings, and anything else that you can get into your mouth.
I also bought you an amber bracelet that helps with your teething symptoms.  Surprisingly, it really works and you don't really even mess with it.
We also started feeding you pureed baby food. 
So far you have tried applesauce, sweet potatoes, peaches, pears, and green beans.
I had my camera ready for when you ate green beans for the first time, because I had a feeling that you were going to spit them at me. But, you ate them just fine!
You have also started smacking your lips whenever you see us eating food and you also reach for our drinks.  Nana likes to share her drinks with you, so you think that you can share drinks with everyone.

You have also learned how to blow raspberries.  I just love watching you learn new things!
You won’t go back to the doctor until the end of July, so we had to get your height and weight at home. You weigh about 16 lbs. and are about 26 1/2 in. long.

You have brought such happiness to my life and I love being your Momma!

Love Always,
Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment