Pages

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Hospital Gown

I decided that I didn't want to wear the plain, boring hospital gown that they give you at the hospital.  You can buy these "trendy designer" gowns on Etsy for about $50.00 - $70.00.  But I really wanted to make my own.  I actually figured it would cost less to make it myself.  I found a free pattern for a hospital gown on the internet (Lazy Girl Designs).  I bought the fabric from Jo-Ann's Fabric and Craft Store, but of course the fabric that I ended up getting was over $6.00 a yard, so the fabric alone cost me about $30.00.  I should also mention that I barely know how to sew on a button, more less use a sewing machine!  So, I enlisted my mom to help!

It took us quite some time to cut out and assemble the pattern.  We still haven't sewn the gown together because my mom's sewing machine wasn't working correctly.  We will also put snaps on the top of the sleeves and down the back of the gown, instead of sewing them.

I will be sure to post an update once we get the gown finished!

For now, here are some pictures of us as we started working on the hospital gown:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment