Pages

Friday, November 19, 2010

Week 30

Baby Mussetter is still about the size of a squash.  His grip is now strong enough to grasp a finger.  His skin is also beginning to smooth out (according to thebump.com).
On Tuesday, we had our infant care class.  We learned all about feeding, burping, bathing, and changing the baby's diaper.  We also learned not to flush the baby's diaper down the toliet.  HaHa!

On Wednesday, we had our last childbirth class.  We went over some different things to try to cope with labor and contractions.  I just hope my epidural works!  We also got to take a tour of the hospital.  Lake Norman Regional Medical Center is currently in the process of renovating The Stork's Landing - labor and delivery rooms and post-partum rooms, so we could only see the unrenovated rooms.  But, everything should be ready by the time we deliver!

After childbirth class, I got an up close and personal tour of the hospital when I had to be admitted because I was having contractions.  I started having contractions after lunch (around 1pm), but I wasn't for sure what they were and I figured I was just 'imagining' things.  When we were in childbirth class the contractions got closer together.  After class I asked my instructor what I should do and she recommended that I call the doctor since I was already at the hospital.  So, when I called the doctor she recommended that I go ahead and go to the hospital so that they could monitor me. 

My nurse in the hospital, Danni, was so nice and helpful!  She got me all hooked up to the monitors and asked me a million questions, including whether or not our house had indoor plumbing and how I learned best.  By this time, my contractions were between 2 and 3 minutes apart.  So, she did the fetal fibronectin test that shows if you will have the baby within 2 weeks and she checked my cervix.  My cervix had not dilated, so that was good.  It took an hour for the results of the fetal fibronectin test to come back, but the results were negative.  So, Brayden will continue to bake for at least 2 more weeks!  Once the results came back, the doctor said that I could go home.  So, we were discharged from the hospital at about 1am.  The doctor said that I probably "over-did it" and I should rest and drink A LOT of water.
Unfortunately, my contractions didn't stop, so I went to the doctor on Thursday morning.  Dr. Miller put me on an antibiotic for a urinary tract infection, which was probably the cause of my contractions.  Dr. Miller checked to make sure my cervix still hadn't dilated, and luckily it hadn't!  So, even though I am having contractions they aren't causing me to dilate.  Brayden's heartrate was in the 140's and I am measuring right where I am supposed to be.  Dr. Miller also prescribed some iron pills since my iron was low at my last appointment.  I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for another appointment.

I had to go back to the doctor this morning (Friday) for my 3 hour glucose tolerance test.  I couldn't eat anything after midnight last night and when I got to the doctor this morning they took my blood.  Then I got to drink the glucola drink like I had to drink last time, but this time the glucola had twice the sugar in it.  It was SUPER sweet!  I had to stay at the doctor's office for the next 3 hours.  Every hour they would take another vial of blood.  The drink gave me a bad headache and I felt really nauseous!  I am thankful that I didn't throw up because if I would have, I would have to do the test over again on a different day!  I will get the results from the test by Tuesday or Wednesday next week. 

Here are this week's baby bump pictures:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment