Pages

Friday, November 5, 2010

Week 28

Baby Mussetter is still about the size of an eggplant.  His lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, he has a pretty good chance of surving (with help from medical technology).  His skin is still pretty wrinkly but will smoothen as fat continues to deposit (according to thebump.com).
We had our very first childbirth class on Wednesday.  Jason was very reluctant to come along, but hopefully he is paying close enough attention that he will be a good coach when the time comes!  There were 7 other couples in the class with us.  I really like our instructor, she is very sweet.  We practiced breathing techniques, which I am sure I will forget the moment that I start having a contraction.  We also watched a video about the stages of labor, which honestly made me even more nervous about labor than I already was.  We have 3 more childbirth classes to take.  I am looking forward to the class when they talk about the epidural!  HaHa!  The instructor asked us who wanted natural childbirth and who wanted an epidural in the parking lot.  I definitely raised my hand for the epidural in the parking lot!  :)

I had an appointment with Dr. Miller today (Friday).  Brayden's heart rate was in the 130's.  I measured right where I was supposed to and I have gained about 3 pounds.  The glucose tolerance test was not as bad as I thought it would be.  The orange 'glucola' drink tasted like a super sweet orange soda.  The hardest part for me was drinking the entire bottle (10 oz.) in 5 minutes.  I will find out the results of the glucose tolerance test next week.  I go back to the doctor in 2 weeks for another appointment.

I also think that I am entering the "uncomfortable" stage of pregnancy!  My back has been hurting and it even hurts to sit.  I guess Brayden is getting bigger and running out of room!  Brayden is becoming more active during the day, but his most active time is still in the middle of the night.

Here are this week's baby bump pictures:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment