Pages

Friday, December 3, 2010

Week 32

Baby Mussetter is still about the size of a squash.  He is head down and preparing for delivery (according to thebump.com and confirmed by Dr. Miller at my appointment). :)
I once again started having contractions on Monday night.  They started at about 8:30 pm.  I was finally able to fall asleep at about 10:00 pm and slept until about 12:30 am.  When I woke up, I was still having contractions every couple of minutes.  I finally called the doctor's office at about 2:00 am.  The doctor on-call, Dr. Melvin, said for me to just wait and come into the office first thing in the morning, because I had just had a fetal fibronectin test done a little less than two weeks ago that was negative.  I think I got a total of about 4 hours of sleep Monday night, so I was EXHAUSTED!

I went ahead and went into the doctor's office on Tuesday morning and saw Dr. Miller.  He performed another fetal fibronectin (fFN) test and checked my cervix, which was still closed.  Dr. Miller gave me a prescription for a medicine called Terbutaline that is used to help stop contractions.  He told me that whenever I started having contractions I should lay down and drink a lot of water - which is hard to do when you are working.  I got a phone call after lunch that my fFN test came back negative, which means Brayden will probably stay in for another two weeks.  The test puts me to 34 weeks, at which point they "are not as aggressive with stopping labor" (according to Dr. Miller).  Unfortunately, the Terbutaline makes me very jittery and shaky, but Dr. Miller said that my body would get used to the medicine and the shakiness wouldn't be so bad.  My blood pressure was a little elevated (compared to what it usually is) and I have a little bit of swelling.  Hopefully, that doesn't become an issue!!!  Brayden's heartrate was in the 140's and I am measuring right at 32 weeks. 

Here are this week's baby bump pictures:

Love ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment